Monday, April 29, 2013

Judgment Day

I know that we are all just human, we make mistakes, we have flaws. But unfortunately, that can no longer be an excuse! People just need to learn to strive for decency, honesty, and goodness within.

I caught myself judging someone today, for no particular reason whatsoever. This girl, couldn't be much older than a college student, was waiting at the same bus stop as myself, and was listening to music on her ear buds. I noticed she had different colored streaks in her hair, big thick black glasses, a large amount of makeup on, and bright clothing, accessorized with big jewelry. I immediately jumped to the conclusion that she was a "hipster" and/ or "gothic" stereotype.

So what?! Who gives a hoot if she is or isn't?!

Why did it matter for me to have a silenced opinion of this one girl? It didn't. There was NO reason for my having jumped to such unimportant conclusions.

I am not one for really noticing what other people 'appear to be' by his/ her outward look; I have no need to. I abide by that golden rule, "treating others the way you want to be treated"; which also applies to "do not judge, or you too will be judged" (credits to the Bible, Matthew 7:1).

Hopefully people take this subject more to heart and stop judging people. Just remember, for every time you point your finger at someone, you've got three pointing back at you (whether you actually point a finger, or just metaphorically with your eyes!).

Anywho, to that girl that I saw today, I am sorry that I fell in to the hole where everyone else seems to be, and judging you before I got to actually know you. I did absolutely love your glasses, I wish that I could pull of those glasses as well as you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment